Most life insurance companies require a medical examination as part of the life insurance application process. All information obtained during the medical exam is strictly confidential and is sent to the insurance company as part of your application for life insurance. Lombard Immediate Care physicians can take care of your life Insurance physicals. Call your local office to make an appointment today.
Most life insurance companies require applicants to pass a medical exam before they will approve a policy, but not necessarily for all types of policies. If a company offers life insurance coverage without requiring an applicant to obtain a medical exam, the type of coverage is typically term life insurance.
A physical exam that includes height, weight, blood pressure, and a pulse count is conducted. You will be requested to provide a urine sample, and you will also have blood work done. Stress tests such as an EKG may be required to test your heart if you are 50 or older.
Ways to Prepare For Your Life Insurance Medical Exam:
1. Drink Plenty of Water.
2. Watch Your Diet.
3. No Alcohol for a Week Before the Exam.
4. Avoid Exercise on the Day of the Exam.
5. Don’t Eat on Exam Day.
6. Avoid Stressful Situations a Few Days Before Your Exam.
7. Dress Light For the Weigh-in and Stand Up Tall For the Measuring.
8. If You’re Nervous, Ask the Examiner to Take Your Blood Pressure Last.